Shoe Sculpture with Emma Myers
|Contact Phone||0117 935 1200|
|Add event to calendar||
Exploring stories of journeys through footwear
Wednesday 15th & Thursday 16th August 10am – 4pm.
Wednesday 29th & Thursday 30th August 10am – 4pm
Cost: FREE (Refreshments included)
Our feet are our vehicles from one place to another; one story to the next. Our shoes, are the layers that absorb and protect those stories. From the sole up, participants will explore journeys and travel, through remaking and re-imagining footwear.
Emma's workshop will explore ideas of journeys, displacement and home in order to create artworks which will feature in Trinity's Bridges Project exhibition in September 2012.
The workshop will be spent exploring the following:
- Stories of journeys; literal and metaphorical
- Exploring ideas of self identity through our eyes and through the eyes of others
- Looking at how recycled materials (and shoes!) can be used to create new art
- Cross roads where different stories meet and how we share those moments
- Exploring the idea of our footwear as objects that hold our stories.
Emma creates art opportunities working with reclaimed, recycled and natural materials. She has had work featured in exhibition, festivals and events across the country.
The art made in the workshops will feature as part of the Bridges Project exhibition at Trinity in September.
If you would like to book one of the few remaining places to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or call 0117 935 1200 or pop into the office.
All ages, backgrounds and levels of experience welcome!