Youth music makers
May 2012-Mar 2014 free music sessions for young people aged 13-21 exploring music production, vocals, recording, guitar and more
Are you a young person interested in music? Would you like to meet new people, learn new skills, get to where you want to be?
We will be running open sessions and workshops for young people every week.
As part of the sessions, you will also be able to work towards gaining a Rock School Music Practitioner accreditation.
Our sessions are all FREE and you don't need to have any previous music training - all you need is an interest! Sessions can cover vocals, guitar, drumming, music production, recording and more. We want to work with what's right for you?
Testimony and feedback from Support Workers and Parents:
- “Great place for young people to grow and learn, well recommended”
- "provided a platform to express...beliefs, feelings and opinion through music.”
- “massive impact with learning new skills given them confidence and building up their self esteem”
- “confidence to talk to others outside of...core friendship groups has grown enormously”
- “student has been accepted into DBS studios to complete level 2 in music production”
- “rekindled...love for music”
- “helped to attend school on a regular basis”
- “keep up the good work! He is benefiting from the project physically, socially and psychologically”
If you want to get involved, or would just like to arrange a visit to find out more, contact email@example.com call 0117 935 1200 or pop into the Trinity Office.
Free workshops and open sessions for young people aged 13 - 21 years
Sessions running 2012 - 2014
Wednesday Evening - 16:00 - 19:00 (Open Session)
Saturday Morning - 10:00 - 13:00 (Open Session)
Wednesday & Friday - 10:00 - 13:00*
- Are you 13 - 21 years old? Looking for an opportunity to learn musical skills, develop your talent or try out something new?
- Learn about instrumentation, learn an instrument or vocal training, singing & MCing
- Try out music production & sound engineering
- Record your own music and help stage your own live music event
- Already playing an instrument? Get help to form a band or ensemble
- To get involved simply turn up to one of our open sessions or contact us to find out more:
*If you are not in school or if you are 19 - 21 and have been out of school for a long time get in touch about our Friday sessions
firstname.lastname@example.org 0117 935 1200
If you are contacting us on behalf of a young person and would like to make a referral please click here for a referral form
To get a taster of what has been created so far, take a listen to our Sound Cloud:
FREE courses for young people 16-18* years old who are not in education, employment or training
Training Programme 2012/13
Now recruiting on all courses:
- Creative learning with professional artists
- 6 week introduction
- 12 week course
- Rolling start dates throughout year
- Student expenses paid
- Certificates awarded in Creative Media Production, Maths Functional Skills
We aim to assist young people to find the right route into further education, voluntary work, or employment whilst developing practical creative skills, building confidence and allowing access to new experiences. Offered in association with City of Bristol College, under the EUL programme.
*Students must have turned 16 before August 31st 2012. Students who turned 19 after 31st August 2012 are eligible to join
Tuesdays, 5pm - 6.30pm
Looking for an opportunity to meet new people, join a vocal group, choose your own favourite songs and get a chance to perform at different venues and festivals across the city?
Or maybe you know a talented young person who loves to sign and wants to join a group or form an ensemble? Trinity has a brand new opportunity for young people to get high quality signing lessons from talented and experienced tutors.
Be a part of this exciting opportunity!
- Weekly choir for young people aged 11-18
- Great range of musical styles from Pop, R'n'B, Rock, Gospel, Hip Hop and Jazz
- Choice of different songs - you get to choose what you want to sing!
- Experienced vocal tutors, Verity Standen from Gathering Voices and our very own Phoebe Langton-Beck (Miss Twist)
- Rehearsing in Trinity's Main Hall where Lianne La Havas, Gabrielle Aplin, Fatoumata Diawara, Noah and The Whale and Alt-J have recently performed
- Perform at different venues and festivals across the city including our Garden Party and Fireworks event, St Paul's Carnival and more
- Get singing, get heard and find your voice!
- Best of all it is all FREE so come along and get involved
Contact email@example.com or call 0117 935 1200 to find out more info
Find us on facebook too!
- Project info