Details of Step Up course focusing on job skills and personal development
- Want to meet new people?
- Get support and guidance?
- Need to carry out job searches?
- Would like help with your CV?
- Don't know what to do next?
This course is designed to help build confidence, discover new directions and how to how to get there. If you would like to build your CV and job search skills and need guidance and support in where to go in the future we can help you do this.
Trinity offers a relaxed learning environment with experienced tutors and support workers to give you the help you need. A flexible group working approach allows tutors to respond to the needs of those in each session with one to one assistance also available.
You will also have an opportunity to try out a range of new creative activities which include Music, Photography and Graffiti as well as Film Making and T-Shirt Printing.
Weekly sessions will focus on both practical activities and creative workshops here at Trinity as well as visits off-site.
Students can also choose to to move on to one of our creative courses to develop skills further.
Trinity courses and workshops run throughout the year - Contact us to find out more and sign up to one of our courses
Youth Training Programme - Upcoming Start Dates
Courses for 16-18 year olds not in education, employment or training
Step Up - Mondays 11am - 4pm
Music - Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10am-4pm
Photography - Tuesdays 10am-4pn
Graffiti - Thursdays 10am-4pm
Anger Management - flexible days
Contact us for more information - Referrals accepted.
All students receive £5 per session towards expenses and £50 reward for successful completion of whole course*
*Expenses paid fortnightly into student's bank account - final reward paid on completion of all aspects of the course
- 0117 935 1200
Trinity telephone number
Email the Trinity training team
- Referral Form
Please send us a referral form if you would like to refer a young person to one of our courses
Training Programme 2012/13
Now recruiting on all courses:
- Creative learning with professional artists
- 6 week introduction
- 12 week course
- Rolling start dates throughout year
- Student expenses paid
- Certificates awarded in Creative Media Production, Maths Functional Skills
We aim to assist young people to find the right route into further education, voluntary work, or employment whilst developing practical creative skills, building confidence and allowing access to new experiences. Offered in association with City of Bristol College, under the EUL programme.
*Students must have turned 16 before August 31st 2012. Students who turned 19 after 31st August 2012 are eligible to join
Education & Training Achievements
- Worked with up to 65 16-18 year olds not in education, employment or training, helping them to gain accreditations and move on: "Engaging with young people around their main interest of music and performance in a non judgemental way, has allowed them make better informed choices about their futures." Connexions.
- Helped to advance education through delivering a Training Programme for young people not in education, employment or training, receiving recognition as part of a consortium of providers through the Beacon Award for Widening Participation (2010). City of Bristol College commented, "Trinity provides a valuable service not only for young people but for the wider community in a deprived area of Bristol.”
- Received two-year funding from Youth Music to increase our provision for 13-21 year olds.